We are officially into our last of living in our Parisian apartment. Next week the movers will be packing up all of our worldly possessions and shipping them off to New York...well, in theory, that is what should be happening. Currently, the fishermen of France are striking and blocking the major Port of Le Havre. As soon as that situation clears up, then our stuff will be shipped out. In the meantime, we'll be having the time of our lives traveling!
We are in the final phases of planning our trip and sometimes I think it is my full time job. We have planned out almost every night of our 55 day trip, let me check my spreadsheet...7 nights are all that we lack to having accommodations every single night. No easy feat considering we are traveling completely independent. I think all this planning is a way for me to not face the fact that we'll be leaving Paris for good. Another start, (ugh) and although we lived in New York before, it will be completely different. First, most of our friends have moved away; New York is a very transient city, like Paris. Secondly, we'll be moving to Brooklyn, not Manhattan. Finally, I'll have to find a new job in a completely different field, which will be fun, exciting but at the same time a little scary.
As a farewell to our adorable apartment we have loved and lived in for three years, I am attaching some photos.
A view of the dining room from the living room
Our view across the courtyard of the neighboring building
Here's a few photos from the family wedding we attended two weekends ago in the South of France
The happy couple (and son) after the ceremony
Chris and I in front of the 12th century church (yes, my hat is HUGE)
Frank and Chris in front of the church
2 comments:
Very much looking forward to your first stop. Leave already!
Craig & Mikel
You guys ROCK! I can't wait to hear all about your travels...au revoir Paris!
Post a Comment