Still enjoying India and all of its charms and not so charming parts...
We have survived the round trip drive between Delhi and Agra. Oh yes it was crazy! Chris at one point mentioned
"I have never been in so many near head on collisions in my life!"
Traffic on a civilised road in India
(notice the autorickshaw and mule cart side by side)
(notice the autorickshaw and mule cart side by side)
I think that pretty much sums up the drive but we had a great time in Agra and got to visit Fatehpur Sikri which is the whole reason we drove to Agra. Here are some photos of us in Agra and Fatehpur Sikri which is the lost city built by Akbar the greatest of the Mughal kings.
Chris at Fatehpur Sikri
Oh, did I mention the Taj Mahal yet? We hired a guide for the day and went for the sunrise at 6 am. We were among only a few people so early in the morning so it was less crowded than normal. Unfortunately, it was overcast so we did not get to see the changing of the light on the marble.
Here's our best photo of the Taj Mahal
We are on to Bangkok tonight for three nights so stay tuned...
1 comment:
Howdy Chris and Mary Beth!
Craig and I are having lots of fun (green-eyed of course) reading your blog and watching videos from past posts.
We plan to tune in each day to your blog!
Mikel
Post a Comment